The student news site of Perkiomen Valley High School

The Voice

  • November 30Interested writers, artists, editors and photographers: Join The Voice! Meetings on Tuesdays!

How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions

Sean Matthews, Writer

Hang on for a minute...we're trying to find some more stories you might like.


Email This Story






At the start of a new year, many people decide to make New Year’s resolutions in hopes to improve their lives, but a small percentage of people actually achieve these goals.

People tend to get lazy with their resolutions and tell themselves they will improve, but in the end, change in uncommonly seen.

“People get lazy and it’s a hype type of thing.” says Emily Jenison, a Junior at PV.

Some of the most common reasons for unsuccessful New Year’s resolution include unrealistic resolutions, doing them alone and time management. According to Statistic Brain, only 9.2% of people feel successful with their resolutions, leaving the other 90.8% feeling the opposite way for obvious reasons.

A lack of motivation is a big factor in a failing resolution. Many tend to quickly lose motivation and give up.

“People easily forget about their resolutions and have no motivation afterward to continue.” says Emily.

There are ways, though, that can help keep resolutions for longer periods of time like making a plan or motivation.

“You have to really commit with what you want and you need to know how to get it.” says Avery Taylor, a PV freshman.

Either way, it is hard to keep a resolution if it is unreasonable and complicated. Keeping it simple will make it a lot easier in the long run.

“People don’t stick to resolutions because they’re too much.” says Jess Matthews, a Sophomore at PV. “People get worked up about what they think they can do, and in the end, they give.”

Overall, not many are able to sustain New Year’s resolutions. They aren’t hard to keep, but people tend to give up easily and quickly. There are ways to keep New Year’s resolutions, though, making lives better in the long run. ⬥

 

Print Friendly

Leave a Comment

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.




Navigate Right
Navigate Left
  • How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions

    Arts and Entertainment

    No One Deserves To Disappear: Dear Evan Hansen

  • How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions

    Arts and Entertainment

    Alexandra Savior Releases Debut Album ‘Belladonna of Sadness’

  • How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions

    Arts and Entertainment

    Sesame Street Introduces Muppet On Autism Spectrum

  • How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions

    Showcase

    NFL Mock Draft: Broken Teams and New Dreams

  • How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions

    Arts and Entertainment

    Dear Storytellers: There Is No ‘One Autist Limit’

  • How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions

    Arts and Entertainment

    ‘New Gumball in February’ CN Event Reviewed

  • How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions

    Arts and Entertainment

    ‘Curious’ Broadway Hit Comes To Philadelphia

  • How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions

    Arts and Entertainment

    Red Hot Chili Peppers

  • Basketball

    PV Boys Basketball Beats Neshaminy in Overtime Craziness

  • How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions

    Arts and Entertainment

    How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days: A Classic Rom-Com With An Ironic Twist

The student news site of Perkiomen Valley High School
How to Keep New Year’s Resolutions